Thank you for choosing DESK
DESK K-9′s program is now full.
If you have a student wishing to enroll please phone the school and we will start a wait list. If a student leaves, for some reason, we can then add your child. Thank you for your understanding.
Please phone DESK if you experience some challenges during registration.
The Grade 8 and Grade 9 students at DESK follow a personalised learning plan using a combination of online and paper resources and materials. Students meet regularly online at a virtual classroom, and face to face at a variety of events scheduled over the year.
Applications are being accepted up to January 15th, 2014 for the second semester, beginning February 3 2014. Students transferring to DESK must show evidence of reasonable progress in their schoolwork prior to transfer.
Requirements: Application form (including student email address); $50.00 refundable deposit; Access to high speed internet, headphones and microphone.
DESK is having a contest on our Facebook page. Like our page for a chance to win an Ipod Shuffle. To be entered in the contest, like our page; share the contest details on your wall; and write a comment in the comment section.
- Flexible elementary and secondary learning options in online and print based (blended) formats
- Programs with flexible time lines to fit your schedule
- Programs that may run anytime, anywhere, any pace
- Experienced and innovative teachers and support staff who will guide you through the distance learning process
- The opportunity for full-time or part-time course work and you may study at home
- Courses that supplement your current high school program
- Flexibility to help students cope with the pressures of medical conditions or high level athletics
- A variety of courses for Adults
- DESK is part of School District #8 Kootenay Lake
DESK MISSION STATEMENT:
To ensure the success and growth of every learner by providing quality personalized support and service.
Academic Success . Creativity and Imagination . Citizenship . Resiliency